Bigcommerce Ideas

Your forum to share ideas and feature requests to help improve Bigcommerce.

This is a place where the community can suggest ideas and enhancements for the Bigcommerce platform.

Since 2009, Bigcommerce has implemented more than 55 features requested specifically by community members like you. All feature requests submitted through Bigcommerce Ideas are evaluated by our product team. When determining which features to implement, we evaluate internal and external data in the form of client feedback and market research, customer support cases, telemetry data, resource requirements, design considerations, product strategy and industry trends in order to build an effective roadmap that allows us to do the most good for the greatest number of Bigcommerce clients.

View a full list of our statuses along with our community guidelines here.

If you could add something to Bigcommerce, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Site Search Box Logic - Use "AND" not "OR"

Currently the Bigcommerce site search box uses the logic "OR" in all search queries. This means that if a customer types in two search words, he will get all products that contain the first word plus all products that contain the second word. If the first word appears in 80 products and the second word appears in 3,000 products, he will get about 3,080 results to look through.

This one factor is probably the biggest source of customer complaints for me since I switched to Bigcommerce a couple months ago. When my customers do a search, they want the one…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Storefront Merchandising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. videos in the carousel

There are many graphics, giphys, and other media that makes a website dynamic and interesting. The ability to add videos to the carousel would be a great addition

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. account2account

Account2Account from Payment Express offers an alternative to accepting credit cards online. People who don't like credit cards can pay by online banking and the merchant gets real time notification.

http://www.paymentexpress.com/Products/Ecommerce/account2account

BigCommerce already integrates with Payment Express credit card payments. We'd like Account2Account too!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    new idea  ·  0 comments  ·  3rd Party Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search 301 redirects

Currently there is no way to search through 301 redirects to delete or change existing 301s. You have a functioning search widget in your products and orders pages. If you could cut that code out and paste it into 301s it would save us a ton of work trying to get rid of bad 301s. Also your import function requires you to know your ID in order to designate dynamic or manual which seems a little more convoluted then it need be.

Also I have a problem with deleted 301s still sometimes showing up. Not sure what that is about.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    new idea  ·  3 comments  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Changes needed for new shipping window

The new shipping window is a poor design from a users standpoint. I understand that it needs to be universal for all people and not designed just for me, however there are a few simple changes that would eliminate 3-4 mouse clicks per order and make it faster for everyone.

Allow the user to set their preferred shipping carrier so we dont have to drill down with 3 mouse clicks to get our most used shipper.

Make the create shipment button and the close page button the same size and in the same place on each window. No reason to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Edward, this is Adam from the Bigcommerce product team.

We understand the importance of efficient order processing, and we’re taking steps to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Shortly, you will see an updated design that reduces clicks and saves time. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused!

Adam

6. Bigcommerce online store cannot show price per single piece and price per casepack. very flawed

product page to allow customers the option to purchase item by single piece or per casepack

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New themes PLEASE!

Big Commerce, PLEASE implement new theme designs. Coming from Shopify and Volusion, the themes offered here are a big disappointment and the prices are a bit high for what you get. The themes are very basic and not easily customized at all!
    Perhaps, as Shopify has done, partner up with outside graphic designers and allow them to create themes and put them for sale within Big Commerce. The paid themes and free themes are all very similar and they all have the same layout.
    More exciting themes with more of a variety would be great!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Discount off of order total.

Not quite sure why this isn't a given and not already allowed but please implement the ability to offer a percentage discount off the order TOTAL. Not a dollar amount but a percentage.
    That is one of the most common discounts to offer. To be able to offer clients 20% off their order total as opposed to 20% off of EACH item would be great. The latter is basically giving away merchandise. Please consider.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Get an email when a customer sends a message via their order

I wish that we could get an email when a customer sends or responds to a message attached to their order. Having to check the home page all the time is tiresome as we spend most of our time in the order page and forget to check the home page. Please can the system send the message in an email to the store manager or at the least notify us that there is a new message.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Delete the recent "update" to the ship item section

In the past week they have added an "update" that basically takes what was a 1 step upload tracking number process and have now made it 4 steps and a waste of time. Try uploading 20+ tracking numbers manually and having to click 80 times instead of 20.

Before: Choose your order to edit, click ship item. Use drop down box to select your carrier, paste tracking number in tracking box, add message to message box if you'd like. Then click mark order as shipped. 1 screen, done.

Now: Click ship item, Change default Fed Ex to UPS, but not…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Josh, this is Adam from the Bigcommerce product team.

We understand the importance of efficient order processing, and we’re taking steps to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Shortly, you will see an updated design that reduces clicks and saves time. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Adam

11. Brands function to have sub categories

Give the same level of category levels to brands that exists for categories.
    Brands in our sector have sub categories, sub brands in fact. Need to be able to offer these on the brand navigation.

The work around in the categories creates duplicate content, google not happy!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Display Estimate Shipping & Tax Functionality on the Product Page

Increase conversion rates by displaying the 'Estimate Shipping' functional element (that is built in to the cart page) on the product page (next to or beneath the product price).

This will allow potential customers to quickly calculate the shipping rate (for the product on the page) and allow them to quickly decide whether to add the product to the cart. Depending on the tax rules this should also modify the product price if tax is now not included in the product price.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix 301 redirect so parameters redirect to new URL

At current when a 301 redirect is set-up it does not redirect a URL that has parameters appended on the end.

This means any referral from email marketing, affiliates, PPC, Google Shopping, etc. (Basically ALL marketing efforts) is null and void because the customer is served a 404 page!

This is a terrible implementation of 301, especially if you decide to change URL structure across the website. You have two choices, don't do it, or take a loss in revenue for a sustained period until all revenue streams update to the new URL structure - which is impossible for historical…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Electronic Scratch card

The idea of this card would be for me to enter my own % of discounts, where clients upon order completion, can scratch and win, their amounts of discounts whether 10% or 50%. Clients can scratch for any kind of discount, whether free shipping or % on price. No other company has this facility, and Big-commerce will benefit on this stunning idea. With Christmas nearing, this would be a stunning Christmas special for all. Please implement this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    new idea  ·  1 comment  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. preorders

Limit pre-orders based on expected inventory and clearly let the customers know that the item is a preorder.

The ability to limit preorders is an option on the support portal. I tried to implement the feature but it was not successful. I did contact support and they said I was not able to limit pre-orders based on expected inventory.
    When products are ordered there is not an unlimited amount and we do not want to oversell the product preorders.

When setting up a product to be available for pre-order is a great way to let customers order a product that's…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Swatch (Texture) Thumbnail and Preview Sizes User-Adjustable via Store Settings

The thumbnail size for swatch thumbnails is 18px, which is useless for viewing a textures/photos. It's easy to adjust "One Color" swatch thumbnails and previews via CSS, but that can't be done for textures.

To alter texture sizes, you have to enter your desired dimensions in CSS, then (after adding photos to your textures) delete the photos generated by BigCommerce (two for each texture: one thumbnail, and one preview). FInally, you have to upload two new photos for each texture, in the dimensions you want, with the same filenames that BC created. As you can probably tell, this adds a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. .ImageCarouselBox

The 'rule' to change an image when a certain color is selected does not change/bring its respective images to the thumbnails.

I have one top with 30 colors and 5 images each.
    It would be great if when a buyer selects a color, and its corresponding 5 images would show in the thumbnails instead of the customer having to scroll the thumbnails until they find them.

Also, 30 colors x 5 images each = 150 images into one product. I am limited to 20 or my csv file won't upload. (Due to amount of headers)

So when making the csv…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable an "out of stock message" for out of stock products (that don't have options)

Unless a product has options, there is no way to indicate to your customers that it is out of stock. You can hide it, redirect it to category page, or allow the product to be shown. If you hide it, visitors will get a 404 page not found. If you redirect it to the category page you may get a "faulty redirect" message from Google. If you make no changes, your web visitors will find the product but have no idea why you are not letting them order it.
    If you have options on the product, this problem doesn't exist…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Better digital download options

I sell digital albums on my store. I would like to give customers the ability to purchase an entire album, or a single mp3 from that album, similar to itunes.

Currently, I am only able to do this by creating an entry for downloading the whole album and a separate entry for each individual mp3. This is redundant, time consuming and possibly confusing to customers.

I would love an option under the "options" tab of a product to disable or enable individual product files associated with a particular product using option set rules.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Label printing support (with national formats)

I posted this a while back but it was closed off by the USPS label release, which is no good for BC worldwide customers or folks who want their own labels ath the touch of a button. Also, we don't always want to be tied into a particular service provider.

Bigcommerce REALLY REALLY needs:

Support for label printing in user customisable formats, catering for national postal address formats in the UK, Canada, Australia, Europe and everywhere else. Allowing you to print custom labels from order management by button or batch. Just like you can create and print custom invoices or…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base