Bigcommerce Ideas

Your forum to share ideas and feature requests to help improve Bigcommerce.

This is a place where the community can suggest ideas and enhancements for the Bigcommerce platform.

Since 2009, Bigcommerce has implemented more than 55 features requested specifically by community members like you. All feature requests submitted through Bigcommerce Ideas are evaluated by our product team. When determining which features to implement, we evaluate internal and external data in the form of client feedback and market research, customer support cases, telemetry data, resource requirements, design considerations, product strategy and industry trends in order to build an effective roadmap that allows us to do the most good for the greatest number of Bigcommerce clients.

If you could add something to Bigcommerce, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Enable an "out of stock message" for out of stock products (that don't have options)

Unless a product has options, there is no way to indicate to your customers that it is out of stock. You can hide it, redirect it to category page, or allow the product to be shown. If you hide it, visitors will get a 404 page not found. If you redirect it to the category page you may get a "faulty redirect" message from Google. If you make no changes, your web visitors will find the product but have no idea why you are not letting them order it.
    If you have options on the product, this problem doesn't exist…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. preorders

Limit pre-orders based on expected inventory and clearly let the customers know that the item is a preorder.

The ability to limit preorders is an option on the support portal. I tried to implement the feature but it was not successful. I did contact support and they said I was not able to limit pre-orders based on expected inventory.
    When products are ordered there is not an unlimited amount and we do not want to oversell the product preorders.

When setting up a product to be available for pre-order is a great way to let customers order a product that's…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "See Price in Cart" + "See Price at Checkout" option (Keep Manufacturers Happy + Sell More when selling below MAP (Minumum Advertised Price)

This is key to doing business in so many different product areas. Not only will Big Commerce gain more Clients but their Clients will sell a lot more products if this becomes and option. There should be 2 options since some manufactures have different rules on this.

Option #1
    See Price in Cart - The MAP Price should have a strike through it on the product page to show the seller is below MAP. The selling price will be hidden on specific item(s) until the item is in the cart. The price of the item(s) will only be displayed when…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better Option/Option Set and Variation System with Parent/Child Products

To me, the Product Option/Option Set feature as it stands right now is a bit of a nightmare. I appreciate what they were trying to accomplish when they developed it, but in reality to me what was supposed to make it easier, in reality makes it harder and very redundant.

I used to just have every color, size, or variation of a product have it's own product page and didn't mess around a lot with options.

However, I think it is better SEO to have all your variations under one "Parent Product" or sku, so I started messing around more…

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and votes on this idea. I’m pleased to let you know that we are actively working on an overhaul of our product options. It’s a relatively big project that will take us a few months, but we are completely rethinking our product options work. We are laser focused on simplicity but still preserving the existing capabilities.

By no means an exhaustive list, but here are some of the things we are working on:

• We’re removing the requirement to use option sets. Instead you’ll be able to add options directly to products. If you want to still use option sets, you can.
    • More convenient than option sets, now you’ll be able to copy options from one product to another. Once you’ve copied them, you can edit them in any way you like. Add options or remove them.
    • You’ll be able create options right on the…
  6. Further control on shipping methods (limiting the type of shipping and carrier available & region)

What I am proposing is further control on what products can be shipped by certain criteria such as: limiting the type of shipping and carrier that is available (for example ground UPS for hazmat) on a product level. As well limiting product availability on select products to the continental North America (by region). This is very important to anyone who has special requirements certification for shipping under certain circumstances. For instance flammable items that cannot ship air and may need to be shipped via a particular carrier only. Otherwise someone running a Big commerce store is forced to only offer…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. seo and product suggestions

SEO suggestions in the Dashboard. IE Titles too long / too short, Descriptions too long / to short, products with duplicate meta descriptions etc. Maybe also and google shopping feed errors, but showing the actual errors with the products.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storefront Merchandising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to redirect users to custom landing page after login

We have a private store that requires the user to log-in before placing orders. Right now, after you log-in, the only option is to take the user to the "My Account" page.

After talking to support, it seems this is the only option, and there's no way to change that without a redirect. The redirect means the customer could never get to the 'My Account' page.

Would be nice to have an option to choose a custom landing page for the customer to see after logging in, or be able to choose different options for pages they could be take…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. UKASH intergration as a payment method

https://www.ukash.com/en-gb/

UKASH is a popular platform in Europe and the UK

Many other shopping sites accept this as a payment plugin, it would be great if BC could look into this and have this as a payment option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Wholesale Pricing Options To Product Details Already !!!

Who the heck wants to create customer groups and only be able to do percentage discounts .... No way in **** did the making duplicate items help for wholesale either, why ? .... Because you can't keep inventory ....

We've been with Big Commerce since February of 2013 and expected to see this simple addition come about already .... Just add the ability to add wholesale pricing to the actual product details already .... Would ale life easier because not all businesses control pricing by percentage .... We are losing the ability to bring more sales because we have to…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ONE Fixed Shipping Cost for many products from 1 category - THAT SHOULD BE STANDARD OPTION

Another BIG PROBLEM at BIGcommerce is this:

How can I set up ONE fixed shipping price for many products in the shopping cart, so when customer orders 10 the same products instead of just 1, will pay only ONE fixed shipping price for all of them, not 10 times the same fixed shipping, like it is now?

for example.

Product ABC has a fixed shipping price. $5
    But I don't want to charge $5 for separately for each additional product only just $5 for all the the same kind of products in the shopping cart. So when customer orders 10…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. What I need is to setup different Fixed Shipping Cost for USA and a different Fixed Shipping Cost for the rest of the world, but Only for so

What I need is to have different Fixed Shipping Cost for USA and a different Fixed Shipping Cost for the rest of the world, but Only for some of my products or at least some categories.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add "Authorize Only" functionality for Virtual Merchant

I see BigCommerce allows "Authorize Only" for some payment providers, but not Virtual Merchant. After talking to Tech Support at Virtual Merchant, they said they support "Authorize Only". I would like to see BigCommerce allow this functionality for Virtual Merchant.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want to be able to change Order Status wording to make them more relevant to our Business

I want to change the wording of an order status, rather than have "Awaiting Payment" I want to have " Order being Processed"
    So that when a Customer checks an order status as attached that is what they will read.
    We are a Trade Website and so many our customers have Trade Accounts with 30/60 day payment options so an order status of "Awaiting Payment" is irrelevant.
    I note from other forum requests the difficulty some businesses have in the inflexible Status' as they currently exist .
    Also in forum is it possible to date stamp ideas and responses

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bulk edit categories instead of clicking each product.

Whenever we add a new category we have many items that need to be placed into that category (i.e. Holiday Gift Suggestions). We need a way to bulk edit categories WITHOUT using the spreadsheet which can cause typographical errors.

We originally had Prostores and we were able to add 50 items to a category in less than 2 minutes! Using Big Commerce it look us 30 minutes just to add 30 items to a category - because we had to find the item, click open, then select the category by opening the subcategory and then save each one individually!!!

Why…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable customers with a company name only

Currently when creating a new customer the First and Last name is required with the Company name being optional. Some of our customers are businesses and their account should be tied to the business name, not an individuals name. Please implement functionality where a customer can use only a business name if desired.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fixed shipping options

To use the free shipping option there is a number of different ways to get around it if you do not sell internationally. BUT on the international level you run in to many problems

My idea:

Under each zone there is a free shipping tab you can turn on or off. Currently there is only two options under this category.

As you can see in the attached image the only options are "limit to order over $100" or "exclude products with fixed shipping"

It would be awesome if there was a "exclude product categories" under this free shipping options. There…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Get an email when a customer sends a message via their order

I wish that we could get an email when a customer sends or responds to a message attached to their order. Having to check the home page all the time is tiresome as we spend most of our time in the order page and forget to check the home page. Please can the system send the message in an email to the store manager or at the least notify us that there is a new message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Quick way to view orders with comments

I think it would be great to be able to sort orders by comments (if there are any attached) or to have a way to VIEW all orders that have comments on them. Right now, you have to scroll through all of your order pages to see the comments. There is no logical way to set up a custom view for comments, and there is no column sort to pop them up to the top for easy viewing when you're looking at all of your orders.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add inventory control and serial numbers to digital products

Hello,

I would love the ability to use inventory control and serial numbers on digital products.

Real world example. A company that sells a software product that requires a product key or serial number. Currently there is no way to do this through bigcommerce with out the use of fetchapp. That works fine for now but we are still missing the ability to track inventory on digital products which would be great so we could know when a product is getting low on serial numbers. Fetchapp doesn't have that feature either currently but it would be great to not have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base