Bigcommerce Ideas

Your forum to share ideas and feature requests to help improve Bigcommerce.

Regular feedback on the top 20 ideas

Our product managers commit to providing regular dialog and feedback on at least the top 20 ideas.

How we choose what to implement

We aim to implement features requested by the community, but please keep in mind that we consider many factors when ultimately choosing what to implement. We factor in research from customer interviews, customer support issues, usage data, complexity of solution, design considerations, product strategy and what’s happening in the market in order to build an effective roadmap that allows us to do the most good for the greatest number of Bigcommerce clients.

Learn about our idea statuses and community guidelines

If you could add something to Bigcommerce, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Better Option/Option Set and Variation System with Parent/Child Products

To me, the Product Option/Option Set feature as it stands right now is a bit of a nightmare. I appreciate what they were trying to accomplish when they developed it, but in reality to me what was supposed to make it easier, in reality makes it harder and very redundant.

I used to just have every color, size, or variation of a product have it's own product page and didn't mess around a lot with options.

However, I think it is better SEO to have all your variations under one "Parent Product" or sku, so I started messing around more…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    30 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and votes on this idea. I’m pleased to let you know that we are actively working on an overhaul of our product options. It’s a relatively big project that will take us a few months, but we are completely rethinking our product options work. We are laser focused on simplicity but still preserving the existing capabilities.

By no means an exhaustive list, but here are some of the things we are working on:

• We’re removing the requirement to use option sets. Instead you’ll be able to add options directly to products. If you want to still use option sets, you can.
    • More convenient than option sets, now you’ll be able to copy options from one product to another. Once you’ve copied them, you can edit them in any way you like. Add options or remove them.
    • You’ll be able create options right on the…
  2. "Push" notification in Control Panel for new orders placed

I would like to see a "push" notification come through on the Control Panel end of things for new orders placed without the need to refresh your browser or check your email. I have 2 large monitors in our warehouse for our guys that fill the orders utilize. They should be able to glance at the monitor and see a new order has arrived. Perhaps a background color change in the large square that says how many open orders I have? Thanks for your input!

Greg Cummins

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    new idea  ·  5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When setting up coupon codes, allow free shipping to be selected AS WELL AS some other discount amount or %

When setting up coupon codes, allow free shipping to be selected AS WELL AS some other discount amount or %

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrated Photo Gallery

I'd love to have an integrated photo gallery option. We produce a lot of customized items for our clients and it would be nice to showcase some of our custom products. The only way we can do that at this time is to create a catalog product for each item, which is a little excessive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    new idea  ·  4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prevent abandoned cart emails from sending if order already placed

There is a huge amount of disquiet in Big Commerce forums about “bugs” in the abandoned cart feature.

The vast majority of this centres on a single point - that the same customers can get abandoned cart emails when they have already recently placed an order for that same product.

(This occurs when the customer abandoned their cart for whatever reason – dinner comes, wifi drops out, browser crashes etc. – but they come back soon thereafter and complete the order, but BC doesn’t match the first order and the completed order, thus unnecessarily emailing the customer based on the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want to insert Merchant Sage Paymet ( sage.com )

Hi all,
    Sage.Com is Big Merchant in USA. I want to insert sage.com to Payment my store.
    I think Developer will upgrade soon.
    Many thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GPS category assignment should stay with the products

The Problems:
    To assign and enable your products for Google Shopping feed, one will need to take TWO steps: First map the store categories to which product belongs to a Google Taxonomy entry; Second, the product will then have to specify that store category mapped in First Step in GPS Category column ready for upload. The Category Mapping process is a manual step to begin with.

This approach essentially ask for your store categories to be designed in close proximity to Google Taxonomy.

But I think Bigcommerce's approach miss the whole point of Google Shopping through Merchant center. Google Shopping…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Wholesale Pricing Options To Product Details Already !!!

Who the heck wants to create customer groups and only be able to do percentage discounts .... No way in **** did the making duplicate items help for wholesale either, why ? .... Because you can't keep inventory ....

We've been with Big Commerce since February of 2013 and expected to see this simple addition come about already .... Just add the ability to add wholesale pricing to the actual product details already .... Would ale life easier because not all businesses control pricing by percentage .... We are losing the ability to bring more sales because we have to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We really need the ability to add multiple images when we push products from our website to eBay.

Right now you can only include the main image. Many of our products require multiple images to fully describe the product to potential buyers.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Simplify product/colour options GREATLY

I have 256 products in my shop, and every product has unique colours and sizes that cannot be re-used for more than one product. Because of this, I'll need to make 512 separate options (256 colour options/256 size options).

I 'strongly' suggest a way of maybe only needing to create only one colour option (and listing every available colour in the store in that option) and one size option (and listing every available colour in the store in that option). Then after creating all of your option sets, when creating your SKUs for each individual product, you put the combinations…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to Reorganize the View Products Page

There should be an ability to rearrange products in the view products page (i.e. drag and drop method). While there is the ability to "sort order" for how products are to be displayed on the website, there isn't currently an option to sort and/or rearrange products on the view products page.

We should be able to rearrange and thus organize our products in whichever way we choose, so that it is to our satisfaction. This allows for better product management and overall organization.

For example, I get very disappointed when I have two products or more that are very similar…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove green stock level bar and replace with quantity box to edit.

Right now, bigcommerce has a green stock level bar when you view products, or after you pull up a list from search products. I know there is a plus sign to the left you can click and a drop down with a quantity box to edit is there. But that is an extra step that isn't necessary, and very time consuming when you want to edit multiple items after receiving additional stock. Get rid of the stock level bar, it doesnt show a stock number anyway unless you hover over it. Replace it with a quantity box that can be…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Redesign the Options/Option Set Functionality

As a new client, I would ask that you redesign the option/option set functionality. We sell women's clothing and apparel which can have many size and color variations and our initial setup of the options has been way more difficult than we anticipated. As a suggestion, it would very helpful to allow the user to create options for a product by selecting the sizes from a table/grid...XS/S/M/L/XL for apparel, or shoe sizes and then select color options when the item is being setup. If rules need to be applied, that could happen afterwards. It seems to me, this would be…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Purchase Order System

I would like a purchase order system so that I can create professional purchase orders to send to my vendors for inventory restock orders. It would be nice to just be able to select my store items via check box or filters and then enter in the quantity I would like to order and then enter in my vendor's information to send it to via email or print to a pdf . We could go one step further in the automation and enter vendors to link with the products. Then every item that I would like ordered will automatically be…

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow account creation with only Email and password. Reduce number of required fields.

To allow for the creation of an account to only require email field, password and password confirm fields. All other fields creation and labels be controlled by the Store owner.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There needs to be different shipping methods because I have some products that cant go to certain states but other products that can.

I sell firearms, Shirts, and firearm accessories. My Clothing and firearms accessories can be shipped to any state, however, my firearms can not due to restrictive gun laws. I need a way to ship the clothing and firearms accessories to the states I can not ship the firearms too. Another issue is, since I am the manufacture I can ship to distributors, even if they are in those restrictive states. Right now I am in a position that I have to eliminate 12 states as possible revenue.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. To have the thumbnail photos from a product show up under the main photo with our theme Bride to Be (white update)

Before the update this would work. It would be nice if there was a switch for us to chance it so we have the option to show all thumbnails under the main photo.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a Purchase Order number to Orders

I really would love (and really really need) the ability to add a Purchase Order Number to my orders.

Sometimes I take orders over the phone, or in the field, and manually add them to BigCommerce at a later time. The customer is given a Purchase Order Number, which they then use to track their Order. Also, I sometimes receive orders from companies who assign their own Purchase Order Numbers.

I want to be able to add a Purchase Order Number to a Custom Field on the Order record when I manually add an Order.

Then, I need a Custom…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Lack of Control to Provide Regional Payment Gateways will cause lost revnue

As you see there are merchants like me that sell globally, with ideas to customise sub domain country specific sections of my site to create more of personal feel for the many cultures in the world, part of that process is the payment provider being used, to the UK and US Canada, generally sites are trusted so paypal, stripe (hopefully soon! Amazon) will quite happily do and very little is lost in conversion

However in Europe that is a different matter, with Finland preferring to operate bank transfer, Sweden use Klarna, Denmark is very country specific with their own bank,…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Switching between stores

I manage two stores, with the same login creditials. Right now, when I need to switch between stores, I have to log out, and then log back into the store I need. Since it's the same log in and same billing account, it would be much easier if I could just switch between stores. Maybe add that to the drop down menu where it shows the username. Maybe add "Switch Stores" right above or below Update Profile. Having to log out and log back in is a huge pain. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 66 67
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base