Bigcommerce Ideas

Your forum to share ideas and feature requests to help improve Bigcommerce.

Regular feedback on the top 20 ideas

Our product managers commit to providing regular dialog and feedback on at least the top 20 ideas.

How we choose what to implement

We aim to implement features requested by the community, but please keep in mind that we consider many factors when ultimately choosing what to implement. We factor in research from customer interviews, customer support issues, usage data, complexity of solution, design considerations, product strategy and what’s happening in the market in order to build an effective roadmap that allows us to do the most good for the greatest number of Bigcommerce clients.

Learn about our idea statuses and community guidelines

If you could add something to Bigcommerce, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Better Option/Option Set and Variation System with Parent/Child Products

To me, the Product Option/Option Set feature as it stands right now is a bit of a nightmare. I appreciate what they were trying to accomplish when they developed it, but in reality to me what was supposed to make it easier, in reality makes it harder and very redundant.

I used to just have every color, size, or variation of a product have it's own product page and didn't mess around a lot with options.

However, I think it is better SEO to have all your variations under one "Parent Product" or sku, so I started messing around more…

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    34 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and votes on this idea. I’m pleased to let you know that we are actively working on an overhaul of our product options. It’s a relatively big project that will take us a few months, but we are completely rethinking our product options work. We are laser focused on simplicity but still preserving the existing capabilities.

By no means an exhaustive list, but here are some of the things we are working on:

• We’re removing the requirement to use option sets. Instead you’ll be able to add options directly to products. If you want to still use option sets, you can.
    • More convenient than option sets, now you’ll be able to copy options from one product to another. Once you’ve copied them, you can edit them in any way you like. Add options or remove them.
    • You’ll be able create options right on the…
  2. Ability to redirect users to custom landing page after login

We have a private store that requires the user to log-in before placing orders. Right now, after you log-in, the only option is to take the user to the "My Account" page.

After talking to support, it seems this is the only option, and there's no way to change that without a redirect. The redirect means the customer could never get to the 'My Account' page.

Would be nice to have an option to choose a custom landing page for the customer to see after logging in, or be able to choose different options for pages they could be take…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option for "issue refund" on an order paid with store credit and regular payment in one simple click.

We should be able to refund a customer who paid using BOTH store credit and regular credit card when they cancel or need a refund. There should at least be one option that says "issue a refund using store credit function". It would be great if there was one option that would put back the store credit portion and refund their remaining credit card payment through the credit card processor in one single click.

If that is NOT possible, then at least add another option under "issue refund" called "issue store credit for total amount" this way the entire order…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bulk edit categories instead of clicking each product.

Whenever we add a new category we have many items that need to be placed into that category (i.e. Holiday Gift Suggestions). We need a way to bulk edit categories WITHOUT using the spreadsheet which can cause typographical errors.

We originally had Prostores and we were able to add 50 items to a category in less than 2 minutes! Using Big Commerce it look us 30 minutes just to add 30 items to a category - because we had to find the item, click open, then select the category by opening the subcategory and then save each one individually!!!

Why…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shipping dimensions on product page

Would be good to be able to include product dimensions on product page. Height, width, depth.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide changelogs for themes

I wish I could view a changelog for Classic Next theme updates. It's nerve-racking to click that update button blind. Additionally, as someone who digs into the html and css a lot, it would help me do my job better if I knew what edits the devs were making.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better integration with MailChimp for RSS to Email

MailChimp requires a certain tag on blog images in order to display blog images in email campaigns using the RSS to Email feed. This is essential in reader engagement to include photos.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add field for Customer PO#

There should be an option for the customer to add their own PO# for B2B e-commerce. This would attract more B2B customers.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable an "out of stock message" for out of stock products (that don't have options)

Unless a product has options, there is no way to indicate to your customers that it is out of stock. You can hide it, redirect it to category page, or allow the product to be shown. If you hide it, visitors will get a 404 page not found. If you redirect it to the category page you may get a "faulty redirect" message from Google. If you make no changes, your web visitors will find the product but have no idea why you are not letting them order it.
    If you have options on the product, this problem doesn't exist…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Wholesale Pricing Options To Product Details Already !!!

Who the heck wants to create customer groups and only be able to do percentage discounts .... No way in **** did the making duplicate items help for wholesale either, why ? .... Because you can't keep inventory ....

We've been with Big Commerce since February of 2013 and expected to see this simple addition come about already .... Just add the ability to add wholesale pricing to the actual product details already .... Would ale life easier because not all businesses control pricing by percentage .... We are losing the ability to bring more sales because we have to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. generate gift certificates instead of creating a coupon code

I would like to be able to generate a gift certificate instead of using a coupon code. I donate to charities and want to give them a gift certificate that the person can use until it is out of $. With a coupon code, lets say its $30 it wont decrease and save the amount for the person to use next time. It is always $30. Support Chat said there is no way to generate a gift certificate myself unless I buy it. Can we change this?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bulk edit the product template

We have about 5 different template designs for product pages depending on some product details. We have to individually edit each product to change the product design template. It would be nice to have that as part of the bulk import/export template.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better HTML Editor

The current HTML editor compresses all content into a single clump of text data. The editor should preserve line breaks so that you can actually see where you need to make changes!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pre-Authorazation for QuickBooks Merchant Services

We need the authorize only option for quickbooks merchant services as it does for Authorize.net and other payment options. We are using QuickBooks merchant services and there are certain products we have to authorize only when customers check out. This option is available for authorize.net and some other payment gateways but not QuickBooks merchant services. We need this feature ASAP and we will not be able to sell those products otherwise.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Blog-only user access/permission

We'd like to see more permission/access level details for users specifically related to blog permissions. We utilize interns for social media and blog drafts. They need access to BC's blogging tools, but not fully featured accounts or control panel access.

Right now I'm getting around this by ONLY enabling Manage Pages under Sales Staff Permissions in a custom user. This enables them to see the "Web Content" menu with Blog section, and to create & publish blogs. Nothing else.

However, there should be a better/more detailed way of doing this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Display country restrictions on individual items + Alert if any placed in cart

Part 1: Allow us to designate individual items to display countries that it's not allowed to be shipped to.
    Example: http://screencast.com/t/OdCtj05mV

Part 2: If an user adds an item to their cart that has a country restriction, and they attempt to check out, alert them with a notification.

"You have placed the following items in your cart that may be restricted in your country. Please be sure that you'd like to continue with this purchase as there will be no refunds if the item if confiscated.

*Check Box* - I understand OR *Remove restricted items from cart*

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set your own Sort by Price ranges

I have a store that sells products from $10-$3000 - The result for sorting by price? Is a mess.

http://screencast.com/t/56Mvudmj

This makes this feature completely useless.

Solution: Allow us to set our own sort by price ranges.

My products actually fall into their own categories that cannot be detected by BC.

Introduction knives - Under $50
    Intermdiate - $50-150
    Mid range to higher end - $150-300
    High end - $300-1000
    Collectors pieces - $1000-100,000+

As you can see from the screenshot - http://screencast.com/t/56Mvudmj - BC's automated price sorting mixes at least 3 of these categories beyond my control, making sort…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storefront Merchandising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. product allocations incomplete

When allocating products in manual orders to multiple addresses, the products in cart do not show options (color, size, style) already chosen. So, you cannot properly allocate the products b/c you cannot "see" the product options--Jane is supposed to get a blue t-shirt and Bob a red one, but it simply shows Tshirt. Given the functionality of multiple address orders from same customer, and the functionality of product options, this seems incomplete.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Restrict promotions to certain customer groups

I push out promotions to my customers, but some of them are resellers. I need to be able to provide promotions to the retail customer group only. I lose too much $ when my resellers use the codes!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Big Commerce T-Shirts - Please Sell Them or Give Them Away

We really like the light blue tshirts (well, any of them pretty much) and would love to know how we can get our hands on some of them. The ones I am referring to appear in the monthly newsletters and marketing materials. We look forward to wearing some soon!

https://www.bigcommerce.com/features/support?utm_campaign=None&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=13950938&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8BXZ5lmZ2MESRi7ePRFn8hUwBP5cqpeZ3N3IIm55h5HUI8no7j3PbkHZBH8wVMB5pd7gGuk41n5-P0Qp1j9smGn4vTwZ1lpTi1P3QREXL7iWlZYpA&_hsmi=13950938

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storefront Merchandising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 69 70
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base