Bigcommerce Ideas

Your forum to share ideas and feature requests to help improve Bigcommerce.

Regular feedback on the top 20 ideas

Our product managers commit to providing regular dialog and feedback on at least the top 20 ideas.

How we choose what to implement

We aim to implement features requested by the community, but please keep in mind that we consider many factors when ultimately choosing what to implement. We factor in research from customer interviews, customer support issues, usage data, complexity of solution, design considerations, product strategy and what’s happening in the market in order to build an effective roadmap that allows us to do the most good for the greatest number of Bigcommerce clients.

Learn about our idea statuses and community guidelines

If you could add something to Bigcommerce, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Purchase Order System

I would like a purchase order system so that I can create professional purchase orders to send to my vendors for inventory restock orders. It would be nice to just be able to select my store items via check box or filters and then enter in the quantity I would like to order and then enter in my vendor's information to send it to via email or print to a pdf . We could go one step further in the automation and enter vendors to link with the products. Then every item that I would like ordered will automatically be…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the look of store.com/blog page by using images and categories

The new blog functionality could be improved in terms of styling/design by using images in the post list. At present the default store.com/blog page simply lists the blog post titles and a short excerpt. To make the page look more like a 'real' blog, an option to pull in a thumbnail image from the blog post itself to the list would improve the look of the list page. The addition of categories for posts would also give the page more of a blog feel.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pay for new features that I'm desperate for!!

I know this probably goes against the whole ethos of BC but when I have submitted an idea that I really need (and some other users) and after a time it's obvious that it's not going to get done, I need another way to get it implemented.

I would rather have the chance to pay for (or share the cost with other users that want it) the feature, than have to change to another platform.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like to be able to issue Gift Certificates to my customers without having to actually purchase one from myself.

I like to hold giveaways and contests and often they are for Gift Certificates for my online store. I need to be able to issue gift certificates to people without having to actually purchase one myself.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate Square payment or POS system with Big Commerce

I sometimes have to sell my products at local trade shows or community events with my Ipad. Shopify already offers a POS system but they charge $49/month. It will be really really helpful!!!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Working support for Google Universal Tracking

Dudes, this is a fundamental for Ecom sites and you're lagging behind. I have no choice but to use GA Universal (and many of my clients) and I just can't shift their ecom sites over to your platform until you have even BASIC support for GA Universal I've been asking for months now and this is getting crazy.

I've been getting orders on my own bigcommerce site and running blind from adwords. I'd even pay for you to fix it asap. Every day we don't have it is a day that you're not helping me 'sell more'

Pretty please with…

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option for Showing Percent Savings vs Price Savings on Product Listings

I sell a variety of items, some are low value and some are higher value. In certain situations it would be more beneficial to show a percent saved from MSRP over the price saved over MSRP.
    Example: a $10 item that is discounted to $9.
    What actually triggers a sale better; "You save 10%!" or "You save $1.00!"? I'll argue that 10% will trigger more sales.
    I do feel that it needs to be an option for each product though because if you have 10% off a $500 item, "You save $50.00!" would probably trigger more sales than "You save…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add the ability to add the site admin (if its not the owner) to be able to login to the forms

Since the forums are limited with a one user per site (the owner), it often happens that the site owner does not even touch the forums (and the back-end), and only the website admin does, and he is the one who needs access to that.
    So if the owner would be able to add even one user to the forum it would be really great.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    good idea, give it some votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow mobile devices to access full admin area

I would like to be able to access the full admin area on my phone or tablet. Currently I am only able to access orders. The mobile app is limited also, so a "few full site" feature should be added when accessing from a mobile browser. I'd like to be able to help a customer when I'm away from my desk, but with the app and mobile site set up like it is, I can't do much for them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Customer Can Pay an Awaiting Payment Order

If a customer has an order set to 'Awaiting Payment' then they can log into their account and pay for that order.

Possible Issue : Store owner could just keep setting a customer's order to 'Awaiting Payment' and trick the customer into paying over and over again.
    Possible Solution : Tracking of payments made online by the customer.
    - If the customer has made an online payment already to the order, an additional payment may only be made if the order has been updated and resulted in a higher cost, the difference between the previous payment and new order price…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a calendar and categories to the Blog

Many blogs archive articles and posts based on when the article was published and keeps track of how many posts were made during a monthly time frame. It would be nice to have a similar archiving system so new visitors to our sites and view older posts. Also, adding categories to the blog will allow us to better manage our articles and particular our customers may like to read articles in a particular category (New products added, reviews, events) etc.

It's interesting that the official BigCommerce Blog does both of these. Can you please offer the same system for us…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Google Analytics on Dashboard

Hi All,

Why not put Google Analytics up font on the BC Dashboard?

This appears to be the preferred analytic system and the one most store owners reference for the stats.

The numbers we see from the the baked in stats for visits to our store don't come close to matching that provided by GA (they did match when we used interspire until the end of last year).

Why re-invent the wheel when there is a perfectly good Google wheel out there already?

Paul.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expand search results on support page

Search should also include forum postings and other site pages-- maybe below the official support pages? E.g. a search for "heartbleed" returned no results. However, there was an active forum discussion with all the answers, and no easy way to find it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    good idea, give it some votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bulk edit Bulk Pricing

I would like to offer bulk pricing on THOUSANDS of my products. The only way to do this at this time is to go to each individual product to set it up (and that's NOT going to happen!) It would seem to me that should be able to be done in the normal bulk edit export/import function using the .csv file. Please figure out a way to offer the ability to do this.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please resume sending Big Commerce Invoices to me via email

You used to email me my monthly invoices in PDF form along with receipts. This made it very easy for me to forward these expenses to my bookkeeper who is in another state. Now, I must login, navigate to invoices, download them, then attach them to an email, and send.

But you stopped sending them. PLEASE resume. It saved me a LOT of time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. xero perfect partner for BC

BC the fastest growing cloud based ecommerce platform. Surely you should partner with Xero, the world's fastest growing cloud accounting system?

Yes I know its possible to get integration via third party apps but the integration costs more per month than Xero!
    What's more, their integration is buggy, messy and complicated.
    Considering BC customer base must be mostly small business and startups where the business owner learns on the job, Xero is arguably the best accounting system out there that your average business person can figure out without needing to study accountancy.
    There is a gaping hole where BC is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  3rd Party Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Payment gateway from US-based company such as Coinbase or Bitpay

Both Coinbase (https://coinbase.com/merchants) and Bitpay (https://bitpay.com/) are United States based companies that facilitate Bitcoin transactions. They already integrate with many e-commerce shopping solutions such as Shopify, Magento, Woocommerce, why not Bigcommerce?

They are not Bitcoin exchanges as (foreign-based) Mt. Gox was, they are payment processors.

Bips.me is ok, but is foreign-based, and is not a full integration (it's more of a hack/workaround piggy-backing on a different payment method in Bigcommerce).

Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Credit Card Declines: Notify merchant. Tell customer to contact merchant = Save the sale!

Every single declined credit card is a customer who is in the most vital portion of the sales process - trying to PAY!

Problem: Customer's card is declined.
    They try again multiple times and still fail.
    System does not tell them why.
    Frustrated with no answer, they leave and don't ask why.
    They go find the product elsewhere or lose interest in purchasing.
    Makes us look bad if that card was successfully used recently elsewhere.

Typical Cause: AVS settings too strict OR the customer was entering in a wrong zip code, wrong billing address, or some other innocent error that…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this idea!

I’ve reverted the status back to “under consideration” while we look into the possibility of an e-mail notification.

As an alternative, you can view orders where the payment has failed or declined. They are called Abandoned Orders (as distinct from abandoned carts). To see them, navigate to the Orders page and click on the Abandoned quick filter.

20. Send test emails from admin/edit

Enable an administrator to send test emails so that the template can be tested and viewed in an actual email client. Currently, there is no way to even proof an email in the admin AND there is no way to even reference the %%LNG-*%% variables so the admin acutally has NO way to understand what the content of the email is (a second feature would be to show the actual value of the variables in the edit tool, as showing the variable provides zero value, especially since there is no way to reference the actual value!)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 60 61
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base