Bigcommerce Ideas

Your forum to share ideas and feature requests to help improve Bigcommerce.

This is a place where the community can suggest ideas and enhancements for the Bigcommerce platform.

Since 2009, Bigcommerce has implemented more than 55 features requested specifically by community members like you. All feature requests submitted through Bigcommerce Ideas are evaluated by our product team. When determining which features to implement, we evaluate internal and external data in the form of client feedback and market research, customer support cases, telemetry data, resource requirements, design considerations, product strategy and industry trends in order to build an effective roadmap that allows us to do the most good for the greatest number of Bigcommerce clients.

View a full list of our statuses along with our community guidelines here.

If you could add something to Bigcommerce, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yotpo Reviews - Get their SEO benefits...!

Lots of people use the Yotpo reviews app but curently it is impossible for search engines to crawl / read the reviews content. This is a major SEO problem which can be easily solved...

Use the Yotpo API to get the reviews & put them into the HTML so that the search engines can index their content. This will help create 'fresh' and unique content which search engines love and also allow stores using Yotpo (of which there are many on BC) to apply Schema Markup which means that product rating stars could appear in search engine search results increasing…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Theme/Design Revamp...seriously!

Store owners, if you'd like to see this idea implemented, please vote.
    Thanks!

All of our team absolutely loves the back office of Big Commerce. The features contained within the back office are pretty awesome and we have made use of just about every one of them BUT (you knew that was coming) the design templates are sooo terrible looking, not easily customized and practically all look the same.

We go back and forth between BC and Shopify for this exact reason. Shopify's themes are easy to customize, are submitted by freelance designers so they are all different in style…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No Way For A Customer To Pay If You Send Them A Invoice?!

Much to my surprise if you create a invoice for a customer on the back end and send it to them they can't pay for it unless they give you their credit card information and you enter it. WHAT? Why would that not be something that is attached. I just created a custom invoice for a customer, it was emailed to them and now they can't pay for it. I either need to set up each of their custom items, place them on my site and tell this large order customer that they now need to comb through my site…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quantity Selection

I have a lot of inventory on hand and at times, I may only have one or two items available of a particular product.
    I currently use the drop down box for customers to select the quantity needed.
    This can become a bit difficult when the drop down box shows a standard quantity available i.e. 20 items - even though I may not have enough in stock to fulfill the order.

If Big Commerce could create something where the drop box quantities reflected what inventory was on hand, instead of a standard number, this would make things a lot easier…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow shoppers to select multiple products with product list option

Currently, the Product List option type only allows the shopper to select one product to add. Let's say I'm selling a cell phone and I have two optional accessories: a case and a charger. The current system would only allow the shopper to add one or the other. Since the two accessories are not mutually exclusive, the shopper should be able to add both if she so desires.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BIGCOMMERCE POS SYSTEM!

I'm not talking about an integration with a 3rd party, I'm talking a POS system built by Bigcommerce for Bigcommerce. This would be similar to Shopify. Being a former Shopify subscriber, we need a POS system to go along with our ecommerce store. Third parties aren't going to cut it. If Bigcommerce can do this, they would come over in droves. Bigcommerce is a better system in almost every aspect, just need the POS to compliment our brick-n-mortar store!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Site Search Box Logic - Use "AND" not "OR"

Currently the Bigcommerce site search box uses the logic "OR" in all search queries. This means that if a customer types in two search words, he will get all products that contain the first word plus all products that contain the second word. If the first word appears in 80 products and the second word appears in 3,000 products, he will get about 3,080 results to look through.

This one factor is probably the biggest source of customer complaints for me since I switched to Bigcommerce a couple months ago. When my customers do a search, they want the one…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Storefront Merchandising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. another bulk pricing level

We sell at festivals, etc. so have pricing that consumers can easily calculate .. $7.50 for one bottle, if they buy two bottles the price is reduced to $7.00/bottle, if they buy four of more the price is again reduced to $6.50/bottle. Price per bottle needs to be based on the total bottles purchased.

Additionally, the Post Office offers free Regional Box A and Regional Box B. These boxes are Priority Mail but are shipped at a reduced rate if you schedule the mailing, print a shipping label, and pay for the shipment online. These rates needed to added to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Amend Region/State Drop down for UK to only show Counties

The States/Regions drop down for paying store subscriptions for the UK shows counties AND cities. It should show counties only. This also applies to account settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Berkshire to States/Region subscription payment drop down for UK

Berkshire is missing from the State/Region subscription payment for the UK. This is also used in Account/Settings. It's valid county and does not show.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Delayed credit card charge for pre-orders

We need the option of delayed credit card processing for pre-orders. We are competing against other retailers that do not charge the customer's credit card until a pre-ordered item is ready to be shipped. This is a serious drawback that limits our ability to compete with other retailers using a different hosting platform that allows this capability. Please give us the option of being able to choose when a customer's credit card will be charged, when the item has a future release date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Affiliate Tracking

Affiliate Tracking Provides commission on the order total before discount, so if the customer uses a coupon code the affiliate get commission on the original total instead of the discounted total.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Title- Customizing Related Products on Product Pages

Being able to control what products appear in the related products on product pages would be great. Often times, the products showing up are not relative and there are always better options. Being able to display add-ons specific to the product in cart would certainly help bulk up sales. Also, having products that are actually relative would probably make an impact as a whole.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Quantity Selection Box Instead of Drop Down

It seems to me it would be more logical to have an input box/form on the product pages instead of a dropdown. You are limited out of the box to the default of 30 items that the customer can buy. To add additional quantities you have to manually adjust the code and add additional quantities one by one.

It seems like a blank box where the customer can input their desired quantity would be a simpler and easier solution that would fit every store owner's needs. This is standard in a free shopping cart like Woocommerce and would be a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to change the order of Shipping Details and Shipping Method

Hi, I own a bricks and mortar shop which I allow people to pick up their purchases from when they purchase items from my online store.

In the checkout process a user has to add their shipping details before they can select shipping method. I feel this is a waste of time for a user and confusing if they want to pick up their purchase from the physical shop. Why are we making users go through the shipping details step when they should be able to bypass this and just select pick up from store first? Can we please have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Alert sent for duplicate fraudulent accounts placing orders

When we eventually discover we processed an order one has placed that's fraudulent, we place that user-account into a "Banned" Customer Group, locking down what they can and can't order from our site (nothing).

Sometimes, these individuals will create another account with a different email address and place another order. Same name, similar physical address and sometimes the same phone number.

To help mitigate the risk of duplicate fraudulent orders, why not have the BigCommerce system allow for an alert to be emailed when another account is created that matches another account's name, address, phone number, etc?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. support international shipping labels

There is no way to print an international shipping label. International labels must include a 'customs declaration' and 'harmonization code'. Shipstation supports this but they were purchased by stamps.com and I want to leave. BC now supports printing shipping labels (with Endicia integration) but this can't be used for international labels.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MAP Pricing

I agree with the couple of ideas that we need the ability to offer MAP pricing and be able to discount in the cart... However at a minimum I cant believe there isn't a section in PRICING for MAP that would not let the price go below... I believe it would be rather easy to add a script for this and add it in the backend, so many other carts have this, it is very difficult to update 60,000 products and ensure that I am not defaulting on MAP pricing...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support for eWay Beagle lite anti fraud protection

BigCommerce integrates well with eWay's payment gateway? Why not support their Beagle Lite free anti fraud protection, which is a simple API hook in please? They have a more sophisticated premium Beagle offering also, probably just as simple for BC to support. Beagle Lite allows rules to be set based on Geo-IP, known fraudulent proxies, fake proxies etc and allows you to choose to decline automatically, pre-authorise but check with customer before approving and other options. seems well worthwhile, but Why don't BC support it? When I searched for eWay in community forum, I found posts asking the same thing…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Video Tutorial for Adding Mailchimp Email Subscriber Pop-Up to Website

It took me hours to figure out which template to even get the free Mailchimp email pop-op to even show up on the website and I have html experience. I still had to call tech support for one issue. I think others would be interested in getting this information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  3rd Party Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 78 79
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base