Bigcommerce Ideas

Your forum to share ideas and feature requests to help improve Bigcommerce.

Regular feedback on the top 20 ideas

Our product managers commit to providing regular dialog and feedback on at least the top 20 ideas.

How we choose what to implement

We aim to implement features requested by the community, but please keep in mind that we consider many factors when ultimately choosing what to implement. We factor in research from customer interviews, customer support issues, usage data, complexity of solution, design considerations, product strategy and what’s happening in the market in order to build an effective roadmap that allows us to do the most good for the greatest number of Bigcommerce clients.

Learn about our idea statuses and community guidelines

If you could add something to Bigcommerce, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Better Option/Option Set and Variation System with Parent/Child Products

To me, the Product Option/Option Set feature as it stands right now is a bit of a nightmare. I appreciate what they were trying to accomplish when they developed it, but in reality to me what was supposed to make it easier, in reality makes it harder and very redundant.

I used to just have every color, size, or variation of a product have it's own product page and didn't mess around a lot with options.

However, I think it is better SEO to have all your variations under one "Parent Product" or sku, so I started messing around more…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    31 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and votes on this idea. I’m pleased to let you know that we are actively working on an overhaul of our product options. It’s a relatively big project that will take us a few months, but we are completely rethinking our product options work. We are laser focused on simplicity but still preserving the existing capabilities.

By no means an exhaustive list, but here are some of the things we are working on:

• We’re removing the requirement to use option sets. Instead you’ll be able to add options directly to products. If you want to still use option sets, you can.
    • More convenient than option sets, now you’ll be able to copy options from one product to another. Once you’ve copied them, you can edit them in any way you like. Add options or remove them.
    • You’ll be able create options right on the…
  2. Ability to redirect users to custom landing page after login

We have a private store that requires the user to log-in before placing orders. Right now, after you log-in, the only option is to take the user to the "My Account" page.

After talking to support, it seems this is the only option, and there's no way to change that without a redirect. The redirect means the customer could never get to the 'My Account' page.

Would be nice to have an option to choose a custom landing page for the customer to see after logging in, or be able to choose different options for pages they could be take…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Push" notification in Control Panel for new orders placed

I would like to see a "push" notification come through on the Control Panel end of things for new orders placed without the need to refresh your browser or check your email. I have 2 large monitors in our warehouse for our guys that fill the orders utilize. They should be able to glance at the monitor and see a new order has arrived. Perhaps a background color change in the large square that says how many open orders I have? Thanks for your input!

Greg Cummins

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    new idea  ·  5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrated Photo Gallery

I'd love to have an integrated photo gallery option. We produce a lot of customized items for our clients and it would be nice to showcase some of our custom products. The only way we can do that at this time is to create a catalog product for each item, which is a little excessive.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    new idea  ·  4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make all options in Coupon Codes available in Discount rules, and vice-versa

I found while trying to set up some discount rules that options such as percentage discounts on order value are not available, while there is an option for these in discount codes.
    If these rules are already set up for one, we should be able to use them in the other, as I would like all discount options available to customers without requiring them to enter a code.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When setting up coupon codes, allow free shipping to be selected AS WELL AS some other discount amount or %

When setting up coupon codes, allow free shipping to be selected AS WELL AS some other discount amount or %

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Prevent abandoned cart emails from sending if order already placed

There is a huge amount of disquiet in Big Commerce forums about “bugs” in the abandoned cart feature.

The vast majority of this centres on a single point - that the same customers can get abandoned cart emails when they have already recently placed an order for that same product.

(This occurs when the customer abandoned their cart for whatever reason – dinner comes, wifi drops out, browser crashes etc. – but they come back soon thereafter and complete the order, but BC doesn’t match the first order and the completed order, thus unnecessarily emailing the customer based on the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want to insert Merchant Sage Paymet ( sage.com )

Hi all,
    Sage.Com is Big Merchant in USA. I want to insert sage.com to Payment my store.
    I think Developer will upgrade soon.
    Many thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. GPS category assignment should stay with the products

The Problems:
    To assign and enable your products for Google Shopping feed, one will need to take TWO steps: First map the store categories to which product belongs to a Google Taxonomy entry; Second, the product will then have to specify that store category mapped in First Step in GPS Category column ready for upload. The Category Mapping process is a manual step to begin with.

This approach essentially ask for your store categories to be designed in close proximity to Google Taxonomy.

But I think Bigcommerce's approach miss the whole point of Google Shopping through Merchant center. Google Shopping…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Wholesale Pricing Options To Product Details Already !!!

Who the heck wants to create customer groups and only be able to do percentage discounts .... No way in **** did the making duplicate items help for wholesale either, why ? .... Because you can't keep inventory ....

We've been with Big Commerce since February of 2013 and expected to see this simple addition come about already .... Just add the ability to add wholesale pricing to the actual product details already .... Would ale life easier because not all businesses control pricing by percentage .... We are losing the ability to bring more sales because we have to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We really need the ability to add multiple images when we push products from our website to eBay.

Right now you can only include the main image. Many of our products require multiple images to fully describe the product to potential buyers.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Simplify product/colour options GREATLY

I have 256 products in my shop, and every product has unique colours and sizes that cannot be re-used for more than one product. Because of this, I'll need to make 512 separate options (256 colour options/256 size options).

I 'strongly' suggest a way of maybe only needing to create only one colour option (and listing every available colour in the store in that option) and one size option (and listing every available colour in the store in that option). Then after creating all of your option sets, when creating your SKUs for each individual product, you put the combinations…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to Reorganize the View Products Page

There should be an ability to rearrange products in the view products page (i.e. drag and drop method). While there is the ability to "sort order" for how products are to be displayed on the website, there isn't currently an option to sort and/or rearrange products on the view products page.

We should be able to rearrange and thus organize our products in whichever way we choose, so that it is to our satisfaction. This allows for better product management and overall organization.

For example, I get very disappointed when I have two products or more that are very similar…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Purchase Order System

I would like a purchase order system so that I can create professional purchase orders to send to my vendors for inventory restock orders. It would be nice to just be able to select my store items via check box or filters and then enter in the quantity I would like to order and then enter in my vendor's information to send it to via email or print to a pdf . We could go one step further in the automation and enter vendors to link with the products. Then every item that I would like ordered will automatically be…

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove green stock level bar and replace with quantity box to edit.

Right now, bigcommerce has a green stock level bar when you view products, or after you pull up a list from search products. I know there is a plus sign to the left you can click and a drop down with a quantity box to edit is there. But that is an extra step that isn't necessary, and very time consuming when you want to edit multiple items after receiving additional stock. Get rid of the stock level bar, it doesnt show a stock number anyway unless you hover over it. Replace it with a quantity box that can be…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option for customer to sign-up for email newsletter during account creation

We would like to see a checkbox on the 'Register / Create Account' page which allows the user to sign-up for a newsletter / emails. The same functionality which is offered during the 'Checkout' process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Shipping by weight - add dimensions

Currently the ship by weight is only that and does not take into account dimensions.

To be truly flexible to allow this feature to be used for agreements with a range of couriers (different total box sizes) or your own set rates.

This also will allow to override the situation like Australia Post's limitation (if weight exceeds maximum parcel size allowance, cart requires customer to remove items to process order).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. C

There should be a cash payment option when making a personal sale and not from your site. When you add an order there should be the cash sale option which when checked all that is require is
    Name
    Phone Number

When the order is placed and you select process all things are completed and stock is adjusted and an invoice can be printed.

Pay in store will not work because if it is selected it shows as an option on your site.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sort Order

When viewing products in my store (the back end) it would really help if you could just drag and drop the sort order, also the sort order shown in your store (web site) should match the sort order in the store back end

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Preview mode for product pages when they are not visible to customers

In creating new product pages, it would be very helpful to be able to preview the new page without having to make it live and available to customers. That way, refinements can be made before the page is live.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base