Bigcommerce Ideas

Your forum to share ideas and feature requests to help improve Bigcommerce.

This is a place where the community can suggest ideas and enhancements for the Bigcommerce platform.

Since 2009, Bigcommerce has implemented more than 55 features requested specifically by community members like you. All feature requests submitted through Bigcommerce Ideas are evaluated by our product team. When determining which features to implement, we evaluate internal and external data in the form of client feedback and market research, customer support cases, telemetry data, resource requirements, design considerations, product strategy and industry trends in order to build an effective roadmap that allows us to do the most good for the greatest number of Bigcommerce clients.

View a full list of our statuses along with our community guidelines here.

If you could add something to Bigcommerce, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yotpo Reviews - Get their SEO benefits...!

Lots of people use the Yotpo reviews app but curently it is impossible for search engines to crawl / read the reviews content. This is a major SEO problem which can be easily solved...

Use the Yotpo API to get the reviews & put them into the HTML so that the search engines can index their content. This will help create 'fresh' and unique content which search engines love and also allow stores using Yotpo (of which there are many on BC) to apply Schema Markup which means that product rating stars could appear in search engine search results increasing…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Theme/Design Revamp...seriously!

Store owners, if you'd like to see this idea implemented, please vote.
    Thanks!

All of our team absolutely loves the back office of Big Commerce. The features contained within the back office are pretty awesome and we have made use of just about every one of them BUT (you knew that was coming) the design templates are sooo terrible looking, not easily customized and practically all look the same.

We go back and forth between BC and Shopify for this exact reason. Shopify's themes are easy to customize, are submitted by freelance designers so they are all different in style…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Site Search Box Logic - Use "AND" not "OR"

Currently the Bigcommerce site search box uses the logic "OR" in all search queries. This means that if a customer types in two search words, he will get all products that contain the first word plus all products that contain the second word. If the first word appears in 80 products and the second word appears in 3,000 products, he will get about 3,080 results to look through.

This one factor is probably the biggest source of customer complaints for me since I switched to Bigcommerce a couple months ago. When my customers do a search, they want the one…

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Storefront Merchandising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for eWay Beagle lite anti fraud protection

BigCommerce integrates well with eWay's payment gateway? Why not support their Beagle Lite free anti fraud protection, which is a simple API hook in please? They have a more sophisticated premium Beagle offering also, probably just as simple for BC to support. Beagle Lite allows rules to be set based on Geo-IP, known fraudulent proxies, fake proxies etc and allows you to choose to decline automatically, pre-authorise but check with customer before approving and other options. seems well worthwhile, but Why don't BC support it? When I searched for eWay in community forum, I found posts asking the same thing…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Quantity Selection

I have a lot of inventory on hand and at times, I may only have one or two items available of a particular product.
    I currently use the drop down box for customers to select the quantity needed.
    This can become a bit difficult when the drop down box shows a standard quantity available i.e. 20 items - even though I may not have enough in stock to fulfill the order.

If Big Commerce could create something where the drop box quantities reflected what inventory was on hand, instead of a standard number, this would make things a lot easier…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. videos in the carousel

There are many graphics, giphys, and other media that makes a website dynamic and interesting. The ability to add videos to the carousel would be a great addition

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A more functional Blog

I switched over from blogger *purely* because of SEO and to have my business on one website. I almost changed my mind because of the lack of blog features.

For anyone who is serious about blogging and/or uses it to generate income, there are some issues that *must* be fixed:

1. Scheduling posts. This is built in to every single blogging platform and entirely necessary if you are on a posting schedule.

2. Archive list by date. There's currently no way for readers to find any old posts—aside from searching the entire store including your products.

3. A fixed position…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shipping rates by state per piece!

I need to be able to set a Zone to a specific state and have the charge per piece. All I am able to find is flat rate and per weight. The issue is each item has to have a specific shipping price per item nothing is blanketed from this shipper so 10 pieces of one item will incur a $6.56/ea shipping cost or $60.56 this is all calculated by weight...per piece. The weight of those 10 Items may weigh the same as another single item which means the other cost is $6.56 to ship not $60.56...see my dilemma? Simply…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Returns Manager

If I refund from the action wheel next to the order, and then change the return request to "item(s) refunded" it doubles the amount on the order?

Also the items don't get returned to the inventory? So if the settings are set to "adjust stock levels when I refund or cancel a order" it only happens then, but if you do this then all the items the customer get returned, am I doing something wrong, please help?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Taxes Problem

The taxes don't work very well for UK clients, for example I want to show all taxes included in my product prices, now this is how it is set up on my store, but when I set delivery costs for non-EU customers tax is taken out of the delivery cost at the checkout so I have set the delivery cost higher so the I can charge the price I want. This is a issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MAP Pricing

I agree with the couple of ideas that we need the ability to offer MAP pricing and be able to discount in the cart... However at a minimum I cant believe there isn't a section in PRICING for MAP that would not let the price go below... I believe it would be rather easy to add a script for this and add it in the backend, so many other carts have this, it is very difficult to update 60,000 products and ensure that I am not defaulting on MAP pricing...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need to be able to save partially completed orders which are started on the back end.

Many times I have to build orders for customers on the back end, and then cant finish it in one sitting as I get interrupted or dont have all the info to complete the order. Please allow us to create orders as place holders for customers, which we can save and then complete when we are ready. You can do this in the shopping cart on the external side, but not on the internal side.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    new idea  ·  1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Image/Video Limit on Product Edit Pages

While there is an option to choose "Swatch Colours" for all your options, instead of individual images, that is not a model we found works well for our apparel company. Customers like to see an exact photo of a model wearing the item, not just a little coloured square. Unfortunately some products have anywhere from 30-50 different colour options. Currently, the back-end product editing pages only have the capacity to hold 20 images. It makes it impossible to edit or remove existing photos (that aren't displayed because of the limit), or see newly added photos. We used to be able…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Reconciliation of style editor capacity across all colour fields. Not all colours are changed correctly, this needs fixing.

Reconciliation of style editor capacity across all colour fields. Not all colours are changed correctly, this needs fixing. At present when a theme is customized to match a client's brand colours, the changes are not consistent throughout all style areas, showing some of the original theme's colours in random strange places. We don't want to be customising CSS each time, otherwise what's the point of a style editor. Please reconcile style editor colour capacity to reflect the whole of site requirements, not just part of it. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. improve order management / lower complaints / improve communication

allow stores to view ALL of their orders in a simple text list , or show order's list for those marked as "pending" or otherwise.

this will allow to store easily know what to order in , what is outstanding and such info can also be provided to supplier's via a URL link.

order management is currently very , very difficult with bigcommerce

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. To be able to change pricing for child items within parent category for Customer Groups

In the customer group function, I am unable to change pricing for options within the items. For example, a item may have a different price because of the color that is within the item and I cannot change that for the customer group.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. increase the time allowed to be inactive without having to login again.

Please increase the time alloted to be inactive without having to login again. I have to login 15-20 times per day, which is a time waster.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enter multiple tracking numbers

It would be extremely helpful to be able to add multiple tracking numbers per order. I have orders that often ship from multiple vendors each having different tracking numbers. Example, I sell cases of chemicals. I may receive an order for 4 cases of chemicals. 1 case might ship from my Ohio vendor, 1 case might ship from my Texas vendor, 2 cases from my Calif vendor. I need to be able to add multiple tracking number for the order so the customer will know when each case is expected to arrive.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option For Offer price to be set to end by Date

Would really love to see a calender type date structure so one could select a end date for a offer price and when offer price expired the original sell price becomes visible with offer price hidden.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 77 78
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base