Bigcommerce Ideas

Your forum to share ideas and feature requests to help improve Bigcommerce.

This is a place where the community can suggest ideas and enhancements for the Bigcommerce platform.

Since 2009, Bigcommerce has implemented more than 55 features requested specifically by community members like you. All feature requests submitted through Bigcommerce Ideas are evaluated by our product team. When determining which features to implement, we evaluate internal and external data in the form of client feedback and market research, customer support cases, telemetry data, resource requirements, design considerations, product strategy and industry trends in order to build an effective roadmap that allows us to do the most good for the greatest number of Bigcommerce clients.

View a full list of our statuses along with our community guidelines here.

If you could add something to Bigcommerce, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Site Search Box Logic - Use "AND" not "OR"

Currently the Bigcommerce site search box uses the logic "OR" in all search queries. This means that if a customer types in two search words, he will get all products that contain the first word plus all products that contain the second word. If the first word appears in 80 products and the second word appears in 3,000 products, he will get about 3,080 results to look through.

This one factor is probably the biggest source of customer complaints for me since I switched to Bigcommerce a couple months ago. When my customers do a search, they want the one…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Storefront Merchandising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. videos in the carousel

There are many graphics, giphys, and other media that makes a website dynamic and interesting. The ability to add videos to the carousel would be a great addition

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to be able to save partially completed orders which are started on the back end.

Many times I have to build orders for customers on the back end, and then cant finish it in one sitting as I get interrupted or dont have all the info to complete the order. Please allow us to create orders as place holders for customers, which we can save and then complete when we are ready. You can do this in the shopping cart on the external side, but not on the internal side.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    new idea  ·  0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One time cost, for set-up fees

A feature that would be extremely helpful in my industry is a one time cost on the product level. Such as for a set up cost. This would be a charge of a specific dollar amount, to be applied to the product purchase as a whole, NOT per item ordered. Currently, if I enter a fee for a set up cost, it would apply to all the items added to the cart, multiplying the fee by the number of items added to the cart. In the case of my product line, (promotional products), that could be 500 times or more.…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bigcommerce online store cannot show price per single piece and price per casepack. very flawed

product page to allow customers the option to purchase item by single piece or per casepack

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bulk Edit Categories

Please give us the option to export Categories & Sub-Categories! It would help so much to be able to edit these descriptions in a CSV file. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. account2account

Account2Account from Payment Express offers an alternative to accepting credit cards online. People who don't like credit cards can pay by online banking and the merchant gets real time notification.

http://www.paymentexpress.com/Products/Ecommerce/account2account

BigCommerce already integrates with Payment Express credit card payments. We'd like Account2Account too!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    new idea  ·  0 comments  ·  3rd Party Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Edit button on product page on website (instead of sifting through all products to edit through the 'back end')

When on the website and viewing a product page, I would like to be able to have an edit button on that product page (only visible to the store owner) which will take me to the edit this product page, rather than going through the 'back end' of the store and sifting through all my product listings (especially frustrating if you have a lot of similar products).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option price showing in pull-down and in cart

Someone else said this but so that it gets seen and the importance is heard, I'm writing it again. I also want the developers to read my story to see why this needs to be addressed. This is a VERY SERIOUS oversight. We imported data into BC and none of the options had the price written next to the title. So now the shopper doesn't know that the options they added to their wheelchair just added $500 to the cost. And in looking at the cart they can't see that either so they think we're trying to cheat them. What's…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a Discount Code that Offers a % off for Order Over a Certain Amount

I'm quite surprised to see that there is no option in the discounts section to provide customers with a % off if they spend over a certain amount. There is the option to offer customers a $ amount off if they spend over a certain amount, surely this would be a more sensible promotion if it offered a % off over a certain amount as it would encourage our customers to spend more.

With the current $ off if you spend over a certain amount, if we offered $2 off if you spend $20 or more there is nothing to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. credit card surcharge

I know this idea has been said before, but nothing seems to have happened... bump :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. dangerous goods

Really really really need a dangerous goods button in the products page, there is even a nice spot for it right under the special handling required button ;)

Then put another button in the shipping to say which shipping providers will take dangerous goods.

Without it, customers always choose australia post (for us) because it is cheapest, and we have to then ask them for more money to change to a courier, which doesn't always go down well!

The only other way i have found around this, is to manipulate all the weights to get the appropriate couriers to show…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow the "password change request" email to be customized

Allow the "password change request" email to be customized, just as the other email templates. The current "password change request" email is incredibly ugly, basic and really outdated looking. It is horrible that we've spent thousands customizing our store, including the email templates but then cannot have access to this particular email, which has zero style and belongs in the 90s. Please provide the code for this email to be customized and available in the email templates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Turn of "quick view" at the product level

We list some information on our website as "products" that are not available for sale. They come up with "quick view" available. If you click on it, there is an "add to cart" button, that does nothing, so it's very confusing to our shoppers.

We use the Alaska Template.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Changes needed for new shipping window

The new shipping window is a poor design from a users standpoint. I understand that it needs to be universal for all people and not designed just for me, however there are a few simple changes that would eliminate 3-4 mouse clicks per order and make it faster for everyone.

Allow the user to set their preferred shipping carrier so we dont have to drill down with 3 mouse clicks to get our most used shipper.

Make the create shipment button and the close page button the same size and in the same place on each window. No reason to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Edward, this is Adam from the Bigcommerce product team.

We understand the importance of efficient order processing, and we’re taking steps to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Shortly, you will see an updated design that reduces clicks and saves time. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused!

Adam

18. Autocomplete billing/shipping address with Google Maps API

Bigcommerce should absolutely integrate with Google and their autocomplete address feature!

I've come across this integration a few times on other sites, and each time I was blown away at how well it works at speeding up the address field portion of the checkout process.

Checkout how Squarespace does this for their ecommerce platform:
    http://blog.squarespace.com/blog/new-commerce-features-google-places-autocomplete-and-order-search

I know there is a plugin available that you can pay for that will does this for you, but with Google's API Bigcommerce should be able to develop their own integration with this, which would work even better in my opinion. Huge time saver for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Refresh/reset button for digital products when customers use up all download limits or download period expires.

I currently have download limit set to 3 for digital files. This is to deter customers from downloading multiple times and sharing with other people. Sometimes they are silly and need the download links re-set, or their computer has died and want the files without re-purchasing again. I want there to be a button where we can ‘reset download limits’ I also sell on Etsy and use Crafthub (digital download system that will only work with Etsy) I’ve attached an example of the buttons I would like added.

Sometimes customers also purchase a product that is instant download but leave…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Select Pricing to showcase when a product has several options

Would be great to be able to choose what price to showcase on the website if a product has several options that change the price.

This would help showcasing the cheapest product.

The whole reason why i came up with this idea was after up loading 400+ products, i wanted to show the price of the options, instead of full price. However, i had to change 1 by 1.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 74 75
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base