Bigcommerce Ideas

Your forum to share ideas and feature requests to help improve Bigcommerce.

This is a place where the community can suggest ideas and enhancements for the Bigcommerce platform.

Since 2009, Bigcommerce has implemented more than 55 features requested specifically by community members like you. All feature requests submitted through Bigcommerce Ideas are evaluated by our product team. When determining which features to implement, we evaluate internal and external data in the form of client feedback and market research, customer support cases, telemetry data, resource requirements, design considerations, product strategy and industry trends in order to build an effective roadmap that allows us to do the most good for the greatest number of Bigcommerce clients.

View a full list of our statuses along with our community guidelines here.

If you could add something to Bigcommerce, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Yotpo Reviews - Get their SEO benefits...!

Lots of people use the Yotpo reviews app but curently it is impossible for search engines to crawl / read the reviews content. This is a major SEO problem which can be easily solved...

Use the Yotpo API to get the reviews & put them into the HTML so that the search engines can index their content. This will help create 'fresh' and unique content which search engines love and also allow stores using Yotpo (of which there are many on BC) to apply Schema Markup which means that product rating stars could appear in search engine search results increasing…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Site Search Box Logic - Use "AND" not "OR"

Currently the Bigcommerce site search box uses the logic "OR" in all search queries. This means that if a customer types in two search words, he will get all products that contain the first word plus all products that contain the second word. If the first word appears in 80 products and the second word appears in 3,000 products, he will get about 3,080 results to look through.

This one factor is probably the biggest source of customer complaints for me since I switched to Bigcommerce a couple months ago. When my customers do a search, they want the one…

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Storefront Merchandising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Where is the instagram icon?

Where is the instagram icon? People need to be able to click on instagram to go to your instagram page!!! Even wix has this!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  3rd Party Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. videos in the carousel

There are many graphics, giphys, and other media that makes a website dynamic and interesting. The ability to add videos to the carousel would be a great addition

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need to be able to save partially completed orders which are started on the back end.

Many times I have to build orders for customers on the back end, and then cant finish it in one sitting as I get interrupted or dont have all the info to complete the order. Please allow us to create orders as place holders for customers, which we can save and then complete when we are ready. You can do this in the shopping cart on the external side, but not on the internal side.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    new idea  ·  0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Turn of "quick view" at the product level

We list some information on our website as "products" that are not available for sale. They come up with "quick view" available. If you click on it, there is an "add to cart" button, that does nothing, so it's very confusing to our shoppers.

We use the Alaska Template.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. To be able to change pricing for child items within parent category for Customer Groups

In the customer group function, I am unable to change pricing for options within the items. For example, a item may have a different price because of the color that is within the item and I cannot change that for the customer group.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. One time cost, for set-up fees

A feature that would be extremely helpful in my industry is a one time cost on the product level. Such as for a set up cost. This would be a charge of a specific dollar amount, to be applied to the product purchase as a whole, NOT per item ordered. Currently, if I enter a fee for a set up cost, it would apply to all the items added to the cart, multiplying the fee by the number of items added to the cart. In the case of my product line, (promotional products), that could be 500 times or more.…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add "millimeters" as an option for physical dimensions of product

Please add the option of "millimeters" in the store settings for physical dimensions of products.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add "Add to Cart"to the related products.

Instead of a customer to travel to multiple pages to add a product to the cart there should be a "Add to Cart" button under the image of the related item. The same way we have it in the general categories.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow a default shipping method to be pre-selected

Where we have mutiple shipping options, allow us to select a default one so the customer does not need to make this selection at the checkout.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic thank you email with a discount code

To encourage customers to shop again, i would love an email that is automatically sent to customers after xx amount of days after shipping.

The email need to be customiseable so you can add promotions on new stock etc.

Also the option to add a system generated discount code that is only valid for *** amount of days.

This would be a great marketing tool.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enter multiple tracking numbers

It would be extremely helpful to be able to add multiple tracking numbers per order. I have orders that often ship from multiple vendors each having different tracking numbers. Example, I sell cases of chemicals. I may receive an order for 4 cases of chemicals. 1 case might ship from my Ohio vendor, 1 case might ship from my Texas vendor, 2 cases from my Calif vendor. I need to be able to add multiple tracking number for the order so the customer will know when each case is expected to arrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Fulfillment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please add support for PayFlow Pro "Hosted Checkout"

PayFlow Pro now supports "hosted checkout" with a secure token, however, BC does not currently support that configuration.

By using hosted checkout pages with a secure token, the merchant adheres to compliance rules for handling customer data in a secure way: data is stored on PayPal so that it is not exposed to compromise.

PayPal strongly recommends that all users of Gateway checkout solutions take advantage of the secure token and the hosted checkout pages. Doing so provides automatic compliance with processing card industry (PCI) standards for protecting cardholder data.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Discounts for different payment options

In order to reward customers for using certain payment methods (eg. Bank Deposit instead of Paypal), it would be a great if we could offer them a percentage discount off the order total. This way, the savings (or part of the savings) from using cheaper payment methods go back to the customer and keeps them happy, and promotes loyalty!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments & Fraud Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add Signature Confirmation to your Endicia shipping support.

I have to have signature confirmation on usps priority flat rate. I offer free shipping and tried the endicia shipping module and no option is available to choose signature confirmation. I contacted them first hoping it was a setting of theirs, but nope, they said it is something bigcommerce hasn't added on their end and that they support the feature, it just isn't in the interface.
    I contacted bigcommerce and sure enough it isn't supported. Please add this support. I was hoping to simplify my workflow with this cart, but now I will have to continue to use paypal for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fetch Shipping Quote List Box

This is a minor thing, but when building an order for a customer I click 'Fetch Shipping Quotes' and a box shows up with a list of our shipping options available.
    However, it only displays four and I must scroll within that box to see the others. Well, why not have that box adjust size based on the number of shipping options available?
    Sure, if there are 10+ then it might be a bit large... and maybe that should be the max displayed before requiring scrolling. However, with 10 or less do I really need to scroll a tiny box…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Edit button on product page on website (instead of sifting through all products to edit through the 'back end')

When on the website and viewing a product page, I would like to be able to have an edit button on that product page (only visible to the store owner) which will take me to the edit this product page, rather than going through the 'back end' of the store and sifting through all my product listings (especially frustrating if you have a lot of similar products).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Store Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A more functional Blog

I switched over from blogger *purely* because of SEO and to have my business on one website. I almost changed my mind because of the lack of blog features.

For anyone who is serious about blogging and/or uses it to generate income, there are some issues that *must* be fixed:

1. Scheduling posts. This is built in to every single blogging platform and entirely necessary if you are on a posting schedule.

2. Archive list by date. There's currently no way for readers to find any old posts—aside from searching the entire store including your products.

3. A fixed position…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 75 76
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base